WebMoney in Canada
WebMoney is a payment system that was initially launched in Russia. It has eventually expanded across the ocean, and now the system is available in Canada as well. Read this WebMoney review to find out more info on this payment system.
How Are WebMoney Payments Working in Canada
The payment system allows making transactions to e-wallets. You can set a single account and several e-wallets depending on which currency you need. WebMoney allows making transactions between different e-purses, pay for online purchases, withdraw your money to cards, and more.
Is WebMoney Safe for Payments
It is a fully safe payment system that allows making online transactions without providing any credit card details. Users are fully protected from authorized access. It has different methods of authorization, such as secret keys, digital certificates, and login and password.
How to Register in WebMoney
The WebMoney Canada payment system works in the same way as in any other country. Before you can make a transaction in the system, you need to undergo the registration.
Providing Personal Information
Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to register with WebMoney:
- Click on the Sign Up button
- Enter your mobile phone number, which is needed for payment confirmation via SMS as well as searching and restoring your WMID quickly.
- Fill out the fields with the required information.
- Once all the info has been entered, click on the Proceed button
- Confirm your email. You will also get an email with a registration code. You can either click on the link in your email or enter this validation code manually.
- Confirm your phone number. Send a code to one of the numbers displayed on the page. The system will check the presence of other WMID registered on this phone number. If there is no one, you will be offered to register a new one. See the instructions for this in the section below.
- Set the Password to your purse.
Registering a new WMID
You will be offered to create a new WMID during the registration procedures. You can also go through the same routine to create more than one WMID. After checking your existing WMIDs in the system, you will be offered to create a new one. Click the "Create new" button on the page with the list of the available WMID (if you are a new user, you will see nothing on this list) to begin the registration procedure.
STEP #1 - Log in using one of the WM Keepers that you choose to manage WMIDs.
STEP #2 - Choose a registration type. Select "Register a personal WMID."
STEP #3 - Choose the type of WM Keeper that you wish to use for your new WMDI.
That is all, now you can use your new WMDI. Any newly created WMID will be automatically associated with your passport.
Registering via Media Account
It is possible to register with the WebMoney system via social media networks. There are two options available for users:
The specifics of such accounts are as follows:
- No login or password is needed because you will sign in using your social network;
- No email is required.
Please see how the registration procedure is conducted based on the Facebook example:
- Navigate to the WebMoney Keeper app in your Facebook profile.
- Enter your phone number and press the Confirm button.
- Receive a confirmation code via SMS to your mobile, enter it in the relevant fields, and click the Confirm button to proceed.
- If there are several WMIDs registered on your phone number, select which one of them you would like to use to manage the application. If no registered WMID has been found, you will be asked to register with the system first. Click the Continue button to proceed.
- Confirm your preferred login method depending on the type of WMID.
- Log in to your account.
- You will appear in the main window in WebMoney Keeper. All of your contacts will be imported automatically.
- Now you can add or create a new purse. Navigate to the "Purse" section and press on the "+" button. Select a purse, set the purse limits, and confirm your intention by entering a confirmation code that you will receive via SMS.
Find out how you can use the WebMoney system for making payment transactions and withdrawing your funds.
Your WebMoney account can be linked with a range of services to process various e-payments. This requires verification of the user's data as well as the account in the other payment system or a bank card.
Currently, the following services can be linked to your WM purse:
You are required to have at least a formal passport in the system. Additionally, you must upload a passport copy with current address registration for verification purposes.
ATM and Virtual Cards
Customers of the WebMoney payment system can order cards. They come in two variants:
- Plastic cards;
- Virtual cards.
At WebMoney, you can order one or more cards. This service is available for users that have at least a formal certificate of the WebMoney system with verified data.
The cards can be used to make online transactions as well. The difference between plastic and virtual cards is that you can use the first type to cash out in ATMs while virtual cards do not have this option.
WM-Purse is an attribute that you can register under your WMID. Each purse has its own registration number consisting of 12 digits and currency. There is a letter-prefix indicated currency at the beginning of the numbers.
For example, if the purse Z letter is used for US dollars, the R letter indicates a purse in Russian rubles. The number of the purse is used for making Webmoney transfers. It is simply impossible to transfer funds to WMID without knowing a purse number associated with it.
How to Buy WebMoney Card
Buying WebMoney cards allows withdrawing funds from your purses quickly and easily. They provide users with the same opportunities as any other debit card. This service is available only for users registered with the payment system.
To order a card, you will need to have at least a formal passport. To obtain it, send scanned copies of the necessary identification documents.
WMZ and WME Prepaid Card
Purchase a WebMoney plastic card, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account;
- Select a type of card and submit your application;
- Receive the card by post and activate it.
It takes just a few minutes to get a virtual card. You will receive all the details to the WM Keeper or your phone number via SMS.
WebMoney Purse Types and Management
WebMoney offers its users to choose between different purses types. The login procedure will depend on what you choose.
Keeper Standard (Mini)
This type of WebMoney Keeper may not be as feature-packed as Classic or Light versions, but it is easy to use. It allows logging in to your account using your username and password.
Keeper WinPro (Classic)
This application provides the full functionality of the system. There are certain system requirements to use it, such as the Windows operating system not lower than 2003 and Internet Explorer version 9.0 or greater.
Keeper WebPro (Light)
This version does not require any downloads on your computer. You can access your account using your browser. You will need to install security certificates to your browser first.
Keeper for Social Networks
Currently, there are two versions available, including WM Keeper Facebook and WM Keeper Vkontakte. Users can log in to their account using their sign-in info in those social media networks.
Deposit via WebMoney
There are a variety of methods that can be used to replenish your WebMoney purses. Please note that not all deposit methods are available for all currencies.
The deposit methods include the following:
- Bank transfer (WMR, WMZ, WME, WMU, WMB, WMG);
- Payment terminals and ATMs (WMR, WMZ, WME, WMU);
- Internet banking (WMR, WMZ, WME, WMU, WMB);
- Online from bank card (WMR, WMU);
- Money transfer systems (WMR, WMZ, WME);
- Through bank department (WMZ, WME, WMU);
- Through exchange points (WMR, WMZ, WME, WMU, WMB, WMG);
- From mobile phone account (WMR, WMU, WMB);
- By prepaid WM-card (WMR, WMZ, WME, WMU, WMB);
- By post (WMR, WMB).
How to Withdraw via WebMoney
There is a decent choice of methods available for users to WebMoney to withdraw their funds. Withdrawal methods also depend on the currencies of your purse.
WMZ Withdrawal Method
A range of payment methods offered by WebMoney can be used to get US dollars from your account. They include:
- Bank account;
- Bank card;
- Exchange points or dealers;
- Money transfer.
WMR Withdrawal Method
If you wish to withdraw Russian rubles, you can use all the withdrawal methods offered by WebMoney, including:
- Bank account;
- Bank card;
- Exchange points or dealers;
- Money transfer;
- Issued online card.
Belarusian rubles can be withdrawn using a few payment options, such as:
- Bank account;
- Exchange points or dealers.
Withdrawal Methods for Other Purse Types
You can withdraw WMU using all the offered withdrawal methods except for issued online cards. Golden funds can be withdrawn using a bank account as well as exchange points and dealers.
System Commission and Fees
Please see the system commission and fees.
System fees depend on the currency and are as follows:
Deposit fees depend on the currency. Here is an example for deposits in US dollars:
Fee for Performing Credit Transactions
Credit transactions of owners of D type purses are charged a 0.1 % fee of the amount of each credit, but not less than 0.01 WMZ.
Transactions between Purses
No fees are charged for transactions between purses of the same type that belong to the same WMID. The standard fee for transferring funds is 0.8%, but it may increase in case of confirming the payment via SMS.
Withdrawal fees also depend on the currency:
It is designed for exchanging various currencies between the participants of the WebMoney system.
Types of Exchanges
The types of exchanges include:
What's WM Exchanger
This exchange allows exchanging funds stored on the purses of WebMoney users.
Features of Functioning
A WebMoney exchange provides a direct transfer of assets between the users of the exchange. The exchange is conducted based on the rate set by the parties of the transaction.
Users of the system can use desktop and mobile applications. The users of Windows and Mac operating systems can download the right app version from the website.
The applications available for users are:
Pros and Cons of Using It As a Payment Method
The following are the advantages and disadvantages of the payment system:
- Various WebMoney Keepers;
- Security against fraud and scam;
- A possibility of ordering cards;
- Various deposit and withdrawal methods;
- Reasonable fees.
- Not provided by many Canadian merchants;
- Withdrawal and deposit methods vary depending on the currency.
Check out WebMoney alternatives.
WebMoney vs Skrill
Skrill is a popular payment method allowing online transactions, including international ones.
WebMoney vs QIWI
QIWI is also a Russian payment system used mainly in the former USSR countries.
WebMoney vs Neteller
This payment method is primarily used for transactions to or from merchants.
WebMoney vs Paysafecard
Paysafecard is a prepaid online payment method.
WebMoney Payment vs Bitcoin Payment
Bitcoin is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies.
Where Can You Use WebMoney
It is possible to WebMoney for making various types of transactions, including the following:
- Online Payments;
- International transactions;
- Online Betting and Gambling;
- ATM withdrawals.
Is there a WebMoney prepaid card?
Yes, you can order a plastic or virtual card.
Can I use WebMoney in Canada?
Yes, using WebMoney in Canada is possible.
How do I make a WebMoney purse?
You need to create WMID first. Then you can create a purse in the desired currency.
Can I transfer money from WebMoney to PayPal?
You can use the services of an exchange for this purpose.
Is WebMoney legit?
Yes, it is a fully legit payment service.
How to withdraw money from WebMoney?
You can use a payment method suitable for the currency of your purpose.