Physics is a subdivision of natural science. It covers the study of matter, its structure and motion, and the elementary and general laws of nature. The study of the discipline (as a school subject) helps learners to apply their acquired knowledge in the spheres of technical and natural science.
Studying this subject online will help students improve their grades at school, win academic competitions, pass exams, enter physics and math universities, and get a worthy profession.
For adults, studying physics is also important. They must often engage in this subject to retrain in a specialty, advance in their careers, and work on new vocations. Adults learn about the latest developments in physics and their impacts on other fields of science. Many mature and elderly people seek to reinforce their knowledge of physics to gain a deeper understanding of the world around them to engage in self-development.
What Is Studied in School?
For an in-depth immersion in science, it is necessary to first study the fundamentals, moving from the simple to the more complex. As part of the school program, students are offered the following subjects:
- Work, power, energy
- Molecular physics
- Electric current
- Fundamentals of STR, atomic, and nuclear physics.
Units on modern physics are also included in the curriculum of some courses. Often, such topics must be covered by university students; for example, they may be advised to learn about neutron stars, holography, and time dilation.
Advantages of Online Resources for Learning Physics
Web-based physics courses differ from the school curriculum in terms of their more personalized approach. Educational portals provide:
- A comprehensive and consistent presentation of educational material from the ground up;
- An easy-to-read presentation style that involves the use of video clips, charts, and diagrams;
- A large selection of visual examples is used to explain the material;
- Specially designed tasks for each topic with detailed explanations.
Such portals collect a lot of information from the best textbooks, manuals, and exercise books.
Popular Websites for Learning Physics
Choose the most convenient and functional resource for you to study physics. Here are the top five most popular options:
- getaclass.ru is a website offering information in the form of presentations and videos. There are a lot of different experiments that help learners develop a better understanding of the topics. A detailed outline is provided for each of them.
- physicsline.ru is a resource that offers not only ordinary educational material but also articles from scientific journals and tasks for participants in academic competitions. The information is presented in video clips, and lessons are taught by Sergey Rogin.
- interneturok.ru - this portal has collected materials not only on physics but also on other subjects. Tests, simulators, and notes are regularly updated with interesting files.
- coursera.org - this service allows you to study the entire school program independently in an interesting presentation. Upon completion of the course, the system will issue an electronic certificate to confirm that the in-house exam has been passed. The certificate may help when applying for places in physics and mathematics universities.
- MIPT Online Lecture Hall. The portal was created by applicants and students of the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. It contains lectures and recordings of seminars and conferences on the most important areas of physics.