What is the power of personality if not love for people? Nicolas James Vujcic is a person who is admired by many. He is a man who was born without arms and legs but who managed to stand up and embrace the whole world. He has conquered many people with his inner strength and all-consuming love for life.
Nick was born into a family of immigrants from Yugoslavia. During labor, not seeing a hand on his son’s shoulder, the father ran out of the room in fear, needing time to come to his senses. The mother was not shown the child at all for some time. In time, the parents managed to accept their son’s condition, although it was extremely difficult.
But it was even harder for Nick himself. He didn’t understand why he was born this way and how to live with it. As a small child, Nick made the decision to end his own life. But the love that lived in his heart prevented him from carrying it out; he loved his parents too much to hurt them like that.
A school janitor helped Nick find his purpose. He kept telling the boy that he should speak in front of his peers and talk about all the difficulties he had to face every day. And Nick did it just that, and he never stopped.
Today, Nick Vujicic is one of the most requested speakers of our time. Every day, he receives about a hundred offers for interviews and lectures from all over the world. Nick has traveled to 54 countries and is constantly expanding the geography of his trips. Ukraine is also included on his list, and he’s been there more than once.
In addition to being an amazing Christian speaker, Nick has written several books, acted in movies, and created the Life Without Limbs Foundation, which helps those who, like Nick, have congenital tetra-amelia syndrome and those who have lost arms and legs due to accident or disease. Nicholas leads an active lifestyle: he swims, skateboards, surfs, and parachutes.
Nick and his family now live in the United States, in the city of Los Angeles, California.
In 2012, Nick married a girl from a Japanese-Mexican family, Kanae Miyahara. They are raising four children together: the couple has two sons - Kiyoshi and Deyan, and two daughters - Ellie and Olivia. The children are completely healthy.
The wife supports her husband in every possible way, coping perfectly with the children and all the responsibilities. Together with his wife, Nicholas often appears at various public events.
Nick Vujicic has written 5 books, all of them bestsellers:
- Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life, 2010.
- Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action, 2013.
- Stand Strong: You Can Overcome Bullying (and Other Stuff That Keeps You Down), 2014.
- Love Without Limits: A Remarkable Story of True Love Conquering All, 2015.
- Infinity. 50 Lessons That Will Make You Outrageously Happy, 2016.
Nick’s first and most significant book was “Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life.” It is an inspiring, emotional story about how to overcome difficulties, despair, believe in yourself, and become happy.
The book “Love Without Limits...”, in which Nick Vujicic shared his love story, was ranked #2 on the best-selling non-fiction book list by Forbes magazine.
These and Nick’s other books are read all over the world, and according to readers, they give hope and faith in life.
Nicholas Vujicic has appeared in two movies:
- The Butterfly Circus, 2009
- Life. Instructions for Use, 2013
The movie “The Butterfly Circus” talks about a man who was able to overcome himself, despite his physical disabilities. The movie encourages faith in one’s own strength and confidence that nothing is impossible. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
The movie “Life. Instructions for Use” helps to define one’s purpose and uncover what is really important for each of us.
Nick Vujicic on Social Media
On Instagram, 1.6 million people follow Vujicic’s life; on Facebook, it’s 9.3 million. He is active on his social networks, shares details of his life with his fans, shoots podcasts, and inspires many people every day.
If you’re not already subscribed to this amazing man’s social media accounts, now is probably the time:
Nick Vujicic on YouTube
Nick Vujicic fills stadiums every time he delivers a speech. There are people who need support, people who are ready to listen and believe in Nick’s words and example and learn to believe in themselves and in their higher purpose.
You can watch videos of Vujcicic’s speeches on YouTube, here are links to some of them:
Vujcic’s performance on the program “Let Them Talk” was very emotional. Neither the audience nor Andrey Malakhov, the host of the show, could hold back tears:
Nick Vujicic also gave a TED talk in Serbia, talking about his difficult journey from wanting to die to believing and accepting himself for who he is.
You can watch the performance here:
Famous Quotes from Vujcic’s Books
- “So, if you don’t have a friend, be a friend. If you are having a bad day, make someone else’s day. If your feelings are hurt, heal those of another. You will never know how you can change the world if you do not do kindness yourself.” (Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life)
- “We should not live in expectation that happiness will come when we achieve a goal or acquire something. Happiness must be with us constantly, and to achieve this, you need to live in harmony - spiritually, psychologically, emotionally, and physically.” (Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action)
- “Love does not care about what you can or cannot do, who you are, and who you cannot be. True love looks straight into your heart!” (Love Without Limits: A Remarkable Story of True Love Conquering All)
- “If you don’t want to take risks, if you don’t want those who doubt you to think you’re crazy, you’re unlikely to realize your dreams. For the sake of your own salvation and the happiness of the planet, don’t be afraid to take risks. Do not forget to laugh at yourself and resist fate, and then the path of life will give you pleasure. And don’t forget: it is not scary to appear funny at all.” (Infinity. 50 Lessons That Will Make You Outrageously Happy)
Famous People’s Reviews of Vujcicic’s Books
- “A very bright, optimistic book that really inspires. It teaches you to overcome obstacles and turn evil into good. Everyone should read it.” (Leonid Roshal, pediatrician, expert for the WHO)
- “Nick Vujicic is a man with incredible fortitude. By his own example, he proves that nothing is impossible for a human being. That’s what it means to be a human being!” (Gosha Kutsenko, actor, director, musician, founder of “Step Together” charity foundation)
Vujcic’s Program in Ukraine in 2017
Nicholas Vujicic, who has long loved Ukraine, visited the country again in 2017. On September 17, 2017, in Khreshchatyk Square in Kyiv, the famous speaker and bestselling author delivered a program entitled “With God, Everything Is Possible.” Admittance was free, and more than 500,000 people attended the performance.
The main reason for the excitement is Nick himself. Nick’s performance lasted a little over an hour and a half. During this time, he managed to charge the audience and TV viewers with good energy. The main channels in Ukraine broadcasted the conversation this genius speaker had with the audience.
TV channel “Nadiya” gave viewers in 26 countries an opportunity to see the star. The performance was translated into nine languages.
Vujicic’s program was part of a grand Thanksgiving Day project. He spoke on stage in front of a packed Khreshchatyk Square. Everyone could see the famous life-lover thanks to the big screens on the sides of the stage.
Nicholas emphasized the following important thoughts in his speech:
- You should not only accept yourself as you are but also love yourself infinitely;
- You should not think about what you can get. The main thing is what you can give;
- Love is the international currency; it is the currency with which all serious disputes should take place;
- God is our everything, the only thing that cannot be taken away from man.
As part of the program, Vujcic spoke about himself, not forgetting to mention his family. He managed to inspire Ukrainians since his sincerity and good-naturedness forbade him to give up! Nicholas finished his speech with a prayer for peace and unity in Ukraine, and his example was followed by the entire audience.
The next day, the nationally renowned talk shows “Ukraine Speaks” and “It Concerns Everyone” invited Vujicic for a conversation. The ratings of the channels went through the roof. The legendary man promised to visit Ukraine again.
“My life, my destiny, is clear proof that miracles happen in this world,” says Nick.
He cherishes his love for God and people, instills hope and faith in hearts, lives a happy life, and is grateful for what he has. He is truly an amazing man who embraces the whole world with his heart.